Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 26, 2015

Springtime Love

One can wish that springtime is just around the corner, can't I?  We missed the major snow storm that New York and Eastern USA received today, but we have one coming our way on Thursday.  I'm sure it's not to the magnitude that they received, but as far as I'm concerned snow is snow! Roughly 2 more months till spring! yeah!!!

Keeping on the theme of flowers which I have been colouring up as of late, I pulled out one of my Power Poppy stamp sets. I see that Marcella's design team is showing some sneak peaks of her next release this week, and before I get so overwhelmed with her new images I though I best get some of my uninked stamps inked up. I'm using one of the stamps from the Springtime Love sets.  I am also entering into this weeks Peep of the Week challenge.



Image was stamped on white 110 lb cards stock using black memento.  I then coloured using copics (shown below).  I then cut the image out using spellbinders labels #14, left the die in place and lightly sponged some SU almost amethyst. All designer papers are from  MME - Lavender 6x6 pack.
I cut a circle (wood grain) out of one of the designs from the pack which was layered onto a butterfly die cut, cut from PTI - sweet blush.  

Designer paper was cut down to 5 1/8 x 5 1/8 and then layered onto a piece of SU almost amethyst c/s.  Added a piece of lace as well as one of the cut off ends of the dp, and used the flip side.  Added some stitching around the edges.  From the other cut off end I cut a flag banner and adhered to the top left corner.

Copic colours:




To finish off I added a seam binding ribbon bow, which I coloured using some white seam binding and copic B63.  I used the butterflies from the butterfly circle die ( I also cut one from the almost amethyst c/s, but opt to go with the soft blush) and added some pearls. Finished cards size 5.5 x 5.5.

Supplies:
stamps - Power Poppy - springtime love
ink- black memento - copics (shown above), SU- almost amethyst
papers - 110lb cougar white, SU almost amethyst, PTI - soft blush, MME - Lavender
dies - spellbinders - circle, labels #14, butterflies circle, MFT - flag stax
misc - seam binding ribbon, pearls, lace, foam tape

Thanks for stopping in today, see you again real soon....

Pauline

8 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Pauline this is so soft and pretty! I like the simplicity of this. Very pretty! Thanks for playing in the Peep Of The Week Challenge!

Tracy said...

All those lovely butterflies. What a treat! Your coloring of the image is gorgeous as always. You are so very talented with the florals you love so much. Hugs!

Angelica Schmidt said...

So beautiful! Love the soft look! Have a Blessed day!

Katie Sims said...

Well this will definitely get folks in a springtime frame of mind, Pauline! I love, love, love the soft color palette, your stellar coloring, and pristine layout. This is one stunning card! Hope you are doing well and may your snow be fluffy and light! :) Big hugs....

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I was just thinking about this set and, the fact is, it has been sitting on my desk for weeks now with a design started but I can't seem to get around to finishing it. You have now inspired me AGAIN. That always happens when I come here. Now, Pauline, I don't have that kind of time, so either you'll have to stop stamping or I'll have to stop visiting. Okay, kidding! I always look forward to the days you post. Such pretty papers and the lace is so delicate and, of course, they are the perfect companions for the delicately sweet image which you've colored so beautifully. Love the die cut and the resulting tiny butterflies, too. What fun!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Pauline!! Your coloring is gorgeous, and the framing just really shows the image off! Love the sweet little banner in the corner too, along with your delicate little butterflies! Charming!

ChristineCreations said...

Pauline, you’ve really captured “pretty” in such an elegant classy way in this design! Great colours and design elements!

Leslie said...

Oh if only spring were just around the corner! I returned from the sunny white sands of Jamaica on Friday to be sunny white snowbanks on Saturday! Your card is elegant, as always, you have such a way with those beautiful dies and the perfect amount of embellishments.