Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

the modern bride

Gosh, I can't believe it's Wednesday again! With that being said I'm back to share another Stamping Bella image with you today.

This week I coloured up Melanie the Modern Bride - one of the newest Uptown girl images over at Stamping Bella.


Melanie was stamped on cougar white 100 lb card stock then coloured using copics (listed below).
I trimmed her down to the size I needed and added a piece of scallop border along the right side.
I then layered this onto a piece of designer paper from MME  - follow your heart.

For the sentiment I embossed the sentiment that comes with Melanie onto vellum using platinum embossing powder. I then wrapped the sentiment around the image adhering to the backside.  I did add a bit of glue in being some of the letters to adhere to the card.

A bride must have lots of bling - so I added lots of glitter to her dress.

supplies:
image - Stamping Bella - Melanie the modern bride
ink - black memento, copics - skin - E000, E00, E01, E11, R20, R21 hair - E23, E25, E27  leaves- G02, G20, G24 flowers- Y04, Y423, R11, R12, R43, BV0000, V01 dots - G000, G00, BG10, Y11, R11, E01, V01, prisma colour pencils - french grey 70 & 90%, sandbar
paper - white cogar, MME - follow your heart, bazzill peach, vellum
misc - platinum embossing powder, glitter ritz glitter, 
dies - PTI - pretty frame die (used one side for scallop border)

Have a wonderful day, thanks for your visit today.

Pauline

6 comments:

Kerri said...

Ok I wish I was the BRIDE beautiful card love it!!!

Tracy said...

WOW! Your details are amazing! The stippled shadowing and the glitter on the dress...super cute!! Hugs!

NancyT said...

Beautiful bride! She is stunning. I love your glitter detail and the scalloped edge on the one side.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, so pretty! Check out the bling! Love the multi-colored pointillism around her, and the darling petite scalloped edge. The sweet colors in the designer paper are so perfect with her, too. What a glittery treat this is! I forgot it was Wednesday. Where is my head?

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, yes, the week is flying by, and what a beautiful bride! I too love your coloring with the multi-colored pointillism around her! Such a beautiful image, and you've really made her shine. I love the DP you've used as your color palette! Beautifully done, sweet friend! So happy to see you showcasing some Bellas!! Hugs!

Dana White said...

Pauline this is gorgeous. LOVE the multi coloured shading around image and all the glitter.