Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Hello everyone.  Just popping in to wish all the Mom's a Happy Mothers Day.  I still have a couple of Mother's Day cards to share that I made a few weeks ago.

The one today, is using a digital image from Power Poppy called - sunset sway.  This digi comes in 2 variations - one with a butterfly and one with out.



After printing it off, I used prismacolour pencils to colour.  I then cut it out using spellbinders labels twenty-eight.  Leaving the die in place I sponged a light layer of Memento  new sprout around the edges.  I then cut  spellbinders A2 Devine Eleoquence using dark purple bazzil cardstock, and added a layer of light mauve behind it.  

To finish off I added some lace, silk ribbon and sequins along with a bit of shimmer added to the flowers using my wink of stella clear pen.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

It's always amazing to me what you do with your Prismacolor pencils! Such a gorgeous image. I've been waiting to order this one until I color all my other not yet used PP digis, but I think this will be a favorite. Love the purple on mauve background and the cute trim you added. Your cards are always beautifully designed but not overdone. Have a happy Mother's Day!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,
So, so pretty. Love it. Never tried digital printing but I must if you can get such pretty images. Happy Mothers Day. Hope you have been spoiled.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

NancyT said...

Happy Mother's Day Pauline. What a beautiful card. Your colouring is awesome. I love the die you used. Love the purple background. Of course, you know how to finish off your cards with sequins and a beautiful, petit bow. Some mom will be thrilled to receive this gorgeous keepsake card.

Tracy said...

So elegant and your pencil coloring is superb.

CherylQuilts said...

Paula, this is exquisite! Your coloring with pencils is truly gorgeous, and I love the elegant die and perfect color combination! Stunning, as always, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo