Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Live well, laugh often......

Hello everyone.  Just finishing up some cards last evening, and thought I would share this one with you.  This was made with no occasion in mind, just a blank card inside, can be used for anything.


I started off using PTI Butterfly kit stencils. I love there kits, as I have a few of them now.  they come with stamps, dies, and 3-4 layering stencils. I staarted by sponging Live waqua mist for the butterflies, then stamped the center of the butterflies using the same ink.  Next stencil is the flowers - sponged summer sunrise, then stamped the centers with harvest gold, and for the purple ones, I sponged amethyst allure and then stamped using the same ink.  The next stencil is the leaves which I sponged in spring moss & over stamped in same ink.

I then cut out my background using MFT wonky stitched rectangle.

For my sentiment I white embossed the sentiment from PTI Summer Hills.  I then cut it out using one of the dies from MFT blueprints 13.

I finished off with some PTI polka dot ribbon, and a wooded butterfly from Studio Calico.  I added some clear wink of stella to the butterfly for a bit of sparkle.

Well that's it for today, must head off to work (insert sad face).

I wish you all a happy and wonderful day, and many thanks for stopping by.

Pauline



4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Pauline, this is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love the way you've sponged these and arranged the butterflies with the flowers. And what beautiful colors you've used and such a lovely layout! Your cards are always so beautifully finished, and I must say that this is far prettier than what I saw over the at DT gallery...really! Love the sentiment on the vellum too. Beautiful, my friend! Hugs! xoxo

Tracy said...

LOVE this color scheme. Wonderful design and the vellum sentiment really works perfectly. Hugs!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,
Love everything about this card. Well done you.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'll be! I've never seen these kits before, but then, I never visit PTI. Just look what I'm missing! The combination of stencil and stamps is such a pretty, soft look. Beautiful color combo, and the sentiment overlay on vellum is the perfect choice for this delicate background. Sure glad you decided to share this before you headed off to work!