Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Gordon the Golfer

With Father's Day  tomorrow, I thought I would share another card I made for the occasion.  I actually made 3 of this one, as a couple of gals at work wanted this for their Dad.

The image is from Art Impression - called Gordon Golfer set, which comes with the sentiment I used below.


I stamped it onto some cougar 100lb white cardstock using Simon Says Black Intense ink and then proceeded to colour with copics.  I used prisma colour pencils for the grassy ground area.

Cut out the image using MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, then layered it onto a piece of burnt orange cardstock.  I don't seem to have a lot of 'masculine' papers, but I did manage to find an older Basic Grey 6x6 paper pack in my stash that suited this image just fine.  This is fairly old - it's called Pyrus, I thought the little trees were a perfect backdrop for this golfer!


For the sentiment, I stamped it onto some PTI - prairie grass c/s using black versafine, then cut it out using a die from MFT die-namics blueprints 27.

To finish off I added some Stamping Bella dots (these are discontinued, but have several colours in my stash- they are just a nice little accent!)

Thanks for your visit today, have a wonderful day!

Supplies:
Stamp - AI - Gordon Golfer Set
Ink - black versafine, Simon Says- black intense ink, copics - E000, E00, E01, R20, R21, E70, E71, E74, E79, YG91, YG93, YG97, C03
Paper - white cougar 100 lb, burnt orange, PTI - prairie grass, Basic Grey - Pryus
Die - MFT - die-namics blueprints #27, MFT - wonky stitched rectangle
Misc - Stamping Bella dots (discontinued)

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Come to think of it... I believe someone sent me this stamped image and sentiment. I have it tucked away in an envelope. So funny! I absolutely LOVE your card, Pauline! The paper is perfect, too. At first glance all those little trees resemble a bunch of golf balls flying around. You've given me an idea for a birthday card for next month -- thanks!!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Can understand why you had orders for this card, its perfect.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

LOL I just love their punny sentiments. So fun that the background paper is almost like golf balls on tees. Super cute! Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is fabulous! I absolutely love your coloring, and the DP you've used it perfect! I love it and love the sentiment! It's wonderful that you do what I do and make duplicates when needed. Once you've done the creative work, the coloring is the best part. Hugs! xoxo