Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, June 2, 2017

Terraced Lane

Happy Friday all, so glad the weekend is upon us again! Hope everyone had a good week. Weather has been good here lately, I guess your typical spring weather, days of sun and rain, temps around 68-70, so one can't complain.

A few weeks ago, I played around using some Magenta Nuance powder inks.  Wow! I was impressed.  Here is  the outcome of on of my backgrounds I made.



Started with Prima water colour paper, sprinkled a bit of powdered ink here and there, then took my spritz bottle and spritzed away.  I guess the idea is not to get your colours too close together, because they can turn pretty muddy looking - trust me I know!  It took a couple of times to get it to how I liked it.  I played around for a bit using different colours, with no image in mind.

After my pieces sat for a few days, I pulled out Penny Black - Terraced Lane stamp, placed it in my Misti, applied black versafine ink and stamped.  I had to repeatedly stamp to get it nice and crisp.
And this was the outcome.  I then trimmed the image down to just along the edges of the stamped area, then layered it onto some SU dusty durango and black cardstock. The cool part about these backgrounds is how the colours disbursed, and how the image fits perfectly with where the colours are!

For my card base background I used SU Baked brown sugar ink and a Cornish Heritage (remember that company, I don't know if they are still around or not, but I have lots of their background stamps) stamp.  I used PTI birthday sentiment onto some SU dusty durango paper using black versafine, then cut it out using PTI stitched flag banner.

I will have another card to share as soon as I get it put together using one of my other backgrounds.

Well, that's about it for today, thanks for your visit today, and wish you a lovely weekend. Stay safe, have fun!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! You did something amazing with those inks! They must be similar to Color Bursts, which I don't have and would probably make a mess with. I love the image and have looked at it many times, thinking I need something other than flowers and critters. This is so gorgeous! Yes, I remember Cornish Heritage Farms and also have many of their background stamps. I think this one is Crackle and it's a favorite. Looking forward to your next card. You have a good weekend, too!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Would love to see the sight at the top of those steps. Bet it is stunning, just like this card.

Take care and have a lovely weekend too.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

I haven't heard of those inks but you're right, they are in just the right places to enhance your stamped image. Cool effect for sure. Hugs!