Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, July 31, 2017

Antilles for you

Happy Monday everyone!

I had a chance to play around yesterday with some of the Tim Holtz distress oxide inks.  I love that you can keep adding inks to your paper and they don't get muddy (of course you need to heat set between each colour).  This was the end result of my first piece.



I started with a piece of canson watercolour paper.  I smooshed the spiced marmalade onto my silicone mat, spritzed with some water, the put the paper to the ink, moved the paper around and added some more ink, then heat set.  I continued to do this with worn lipstick and fired brick.
I then took a stencil and laid it on top of my ink piece, spritzed water, let it set for a bit, then took a paper towel and laid it over top hoping to soak up the water and remove some of the ink.  Well it did just that but not very well.  You can see some lines of the vines but not very clearly.  But, hey that's okay it still gave the background a bit of texture.  I then splattered some watered down fired brick and flicked the paint brush.  I think I might of added too much water because when the droplets dried you can hardly see them.  I also flicked a bit of white paint, that too is kind of pale.

I then cut out the Antilles floral border using white c/s and adhered to my inked piece. 

I embossed the sentiment from Penny Black - snippets onto some black card stock using white embossing powder.  I cut it out using Simon Says stitched flag stax die.

To finish off I added both yellow and orange rhinestones in the centers of the flowers. 

Supplies:
stamp - Penny Black - snippets
ink - Tim Holtz distress oxide inks - spiced marmalade, fired brick & worn lipstick.
paper - canson watercolour 140 lb, cougar white, black, shimmer bazzill in burnt orange
die - Simon says - stitched flag stax, Memory Box - antilles floral border
misc - rhinestones, white embossing powder, versamagic

Thanks for your visit, greatly appreciated.  See you soon,

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, your background is so gorgeous! Most of my backgrounds turn out a mess, unless I use blue and green. Love these colors! I can totally see the water drops and the flicking, including the white. Your card stock color is just perfect for it, and the flowers with their gemstone centers -- beautiful!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Really lovely card. Must try that background. Thanks for sharing.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous background! I've picked up a couple of the oxides but haven't quite got the hang of them yet. Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Those flowers are dainty and sweet. I have not tried these inks, but you did a wonderful job.