Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

First wedding anniversary

This past Sunday - Sept 24, was my son Mark & his wife Anna's first wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been a year already.  I still remember the day so vividly like it was yesterday - boy how time does fly.

Well you know me, I stressed over what kind of card to make for them.  I wanted something special, I stewed over this for a week, finally one day last week when I was off, I just pulled some dies, papers and flowers and went to town!

Here is what I came up with:


Not much explaining on this one, although, if you notice the leaf texture on the background paper - well I did that with a stencil and paste.  I didn't want it to be white paste, so I took my distress oxide picked raspberry ink and added a bit of ink to my Teflon mat, then mixed in some dream weavers pearlescent paste. I didn't use the whole stencil, just bits a pieces of it as I saw fit.  Love the outcome!
Paper is from Kaisercraft - P.S. I love you.

I used a Cherry Lynn doily die cut from white card stock and cut it in half.  I also used Penny Black - love is growing die - which is the grey vines with hearts.  I used a corner rounder for the other 2 layers, then added flowers, leaves, ribbon and some little shimmer dots (from the dollar store - love these, they come in a variety of colour in 2 sizes).  I added some glitter with my wink of stella clear pen to the flowers.

I found some crystal stick pens at our local store, so grabbed a couple of those last week as well, cut off the pen part and then glued the crystal heart to the bottom right corner.

So there you have it!

I'm sharing a couple of my favourite pictures of that wonderful day!


Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your week!

Pauline



3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Pure gorgeousness! The pink embossing paste on the wood grain paper is an outstanding feature, and that's just a part of it. Beautiful flowers and the heart vines are perfect. All so lovely backed up by the doily die. Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already. Those are some of the most beautiful wedding photos! Happy anniversary to your son and daughter-in-law!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

WOW sooo beautiful. Am sure they will be really chuffed to receive this card. Love everything about it. Its always very difficult to make cards for our nearest and dearest but you have certainly hit the spot with this one.
Oh how time goes so quickly.
Have a lovely weekend.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

sigh....so pretty. I especially like the big pink flower. The stenciling looks really cool. :-)