Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Plum Purdy - my first 2017 Christmas card!

Well you can say I'm a bit behind, since I figured I would make one Christmas card a month, and I never started until this past week!  I need to get the ball rolling!

The image I'm using is an older Snowman image from Plum Purdy.  She doesn't make stamps anymore - at least not that I could find.  I've had this for several years.  She is just so darn cute!  What do you think?


I coloured the image using prisma colour pencils and blended with gamsol.  I cut her out using MFT - cross stitch rectangle die.  I then layered this onto spellbinders beaded square die cut. Then this where I ran into a road block.  Pulling papers to go with her - geesh - too many papers is what I think - too many choices.  So after a few nights of contemplating what to use, I laid out some paper samples and had Bill decide.  He liked this combo the best.  I must say  he helps me a lot when I get stuck like this.

Papers are from Kaisercraft - Christmas carol (striped paper) and the bottom piece is from - you know what I don't even know.  I cleaned up my work table after and I don't even see scraps from the bottom piece so I have no idea.  I thought it was from the same Kaisercraft pack but I don't think it is.

To finish off, I added some seam binding ribbon, a snowflake cut from Poppy Stamps - Ava snowflake die, white flock for her tassel on her hat, lots of glitter - Tim Holtz distress glitter - clear rock candy - love this stuff, and a wooden snowflake from Studio Calico.

So there you have it, my first 2017 Christmas card done! Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your day!

Pauline

5 comments:

NancyT said...

Oh Pauline, she is so cute. This is so stunnng. Well, you certainly have a great helper. The designer paper combos are perfect. Love the design and the fine details - lovely bow, snowflake, white flock. The image would also look lovely framed. This is definitely a beautiful piece of art. I can't wait to see what else you have created. Oh, I can't forget to mention the awesome colouring. You are an amazing artist Pauline. Many hugs

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable! Oh I love snowman and this one is so chubby... The snowflake is a great touch and super coloring Pauline Totally made me smile!

Leslie Miller said...

Yay, your first and it's so extremely cute I can hardly stand it! The older stamps have still got it! Your Prismacoloring always WOWs me. How many times have I said that? You made me laugh out loud about the papers. I've been there and back again a bazillion times. Never thought to have Rich help me, tee hee! Bill made a good choice! I love this, Pauline!

Tracy said...

Well this sure is a wonderful start to your Christmas card stash. Beautiful coloring and I like the papers too. Bill has great taste. :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Congratulations on your first Christmas card...and I thought I was behind...makes me feel a little better! It's beautiful, Pauline, and your coloring is fabulous (as always), and I too get stuck completely with finding the right DP...but it's perfect. And my DH also sometimes helps me out with a tad more objective eye. Beautifully finished and just so darling! Hugs!