Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Oxide ink backgrounds

Good morning everyone.  Hope your week is going well.  Although I'm knee deep with Christmas card making as I'm sure most of you are, I had to divert from that to complete one of my card orders.   I had a request for 5 sympathy cards.  I always find sympathy cards need to be soft and mellow.  I rummaged through some of my dies to see what I could use.

For my first card I used distress oxide ink work lipstick,  wild honey and inka gold platinum.  I added this to my teflon mat, spritzed with water, mixed slightly as not to get it too muddy looking, then smooshed some canson watercolour paper - gorgeous results.  I used Memory Box dragonfly stems left corner, cut from black c/s, the framed it with MFT pierced rectangle frames. The background is embossed with a ef - sorry not sure of the name.  To finished I added a peel off - with sympathy sticker, then added a couple of PTI clear dots.









For my second card, I used distress oxide ink - cracked pistachio and a bit of peacock feathers along with some nuvo embellishment mouse- spring green.  I used the same smooshing technique as above.
Memory box clara corner was used, then framed with MFT pierced oval frame. I used an ef for the background as well.  Following the same as my first card I used a peel off sticker for the sentiment and then added a couple of pearls.




I ended up making 2 of each of these cards as I had enough ink on my mat to do so.  A bit of ink goes a long way.

Now, I need to get back to working on my Christmas cards.  Thanks for visiting today, have yourself a wonderful day, whatever your day holds for you.
See you back her soon,

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These are beautiful and very inspiring for me. I need to follow your lead as I'll soon have to start on the next batch of cards for a friend. She'll take as many as I can make and always wants lots of sympathy cards. I love how you embossed the backgrounds on these. Such a nice touch on a mostly white card. Your inky backgrounds are beautiful -- another thing I need to work on. Both cards are perfect for sympathy. Just the right touch of color and texture. I always look forward to anything you make!

Tracy said...

Just lovely Pauline. The smooshing technique really produces wonderful results. Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

I agree in they are always soft colors and warm feeling. These turned out beautiful and great use of all the dies. The dragonfly like dies are perfect. Beautifully done.