Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, November 9, 2017

welcome baby boy

I had another request from a co-worker for baby card last week.   Because they already know it is going to be a boy, that makes it much easier for designing the card, rather than sticking to yellow and green.

I pulled out a couple of my Justrite baby stamps sets and created the card.



Image was coloured with copics.  I then cut out the image using spellbinders decorative floral oval die and left it in place then sponged some soft sky around the edges. I stamped the banner, the coloured and cut it out.  I used so SU dimensionals to give it some height off the card.

Paper is MFT - homespun gingham (plaid), and the layer with the dots is just some scraps I had. I used an EK success border punch for the edging on the piece behind the image.

I used some lace, pearls, ribbon, and of course you need to have some pretty flowers - right? or are they appropriate for 'boy' cards? I thought hey anything goes since I'm designing the card right?

It's a short post tonight, I'm just heading out to choir practice.

Thanks for your visit,
Pauline


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

When it comes to babies anything soft and sweet is appropriate, so the flowers are perfect! Everything about your card is perfect. I've always loved this image and you've designed such a beautiful card with your coloring, the trims, and the sweet papers. Love it so much!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, your cards are so beautiful, and this one is gorgeous! I love this sweet JustRite image of the stork, and what beautiful design. And since babies are all so beautiful and sweet, flowers are definitely in order! Stunning, and I love it all! Hugs!

Tracy said...

Stunning! Every element from the paper to the image is sheer perfection together. Love the stork image and the cute little banner at the top. hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

LOVE this baby card, very vintage feeling. The decorative oval is awesome and I like the popped up sentiment panel. Not to mention the coloring, layout and design. She is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this.