Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Berry kissed blessing

Good morning.  Now that we are into December (which is hard to believe), the crunch is on for getting my Christmas cards done.  I have many more to go - how about you, are you still behind as I am, or nearing the end?

I've always admired a lot of the designers who create using the Penny Black brush stroke images. They seem so realistic, so I thought I would give it a go, after that's why I bought the stamp, so lets get started!

I'm using Penny Black's Berry Kissed cling stamp for my card today.



I started with Canson 140lb watercolour paper, and placed it in my Misti.  I then placed my stamp on my paper where I wanted  to stamp my image, closed the lid (to pick up the stamp on the other side), then started my project.  I used several colours of distress ink markers to do this, and unfortunately i did this one last month, I did not keep track of the colours.  Basically, I would colour the stamp - I started with the leaves first, huff and stamp, and would continue to do this until I reach the coverage and depth I was looking for.   Then I moved on to the branches then the berries. I kept the paper in my Misti, then took a paintbrush and blended out the colours a bit for better coverage, let dry, the added a bit more ink to the stamp for a bit more darkness in places.  Again, heat set to dry, clean off your stamp good, then add versamark to the stamp and stamp over your coloured image.  At this point you can remove the paper and add clear embossing powder and heat set.  I then cut out the image using MFT stitched rectangles from on the blueprint sets.

Now, that this is heat set with clear embossing powder, I can continue to do the background and the colours will not bleed or smear as the clear ep has sealed the image. I was going to watercolour the background but instead I just used some distress inks and a blending tool to do so.

I then put my image back in my Misti, placed my sentiment where I wanted it and then stamped.  I stamped a couple of times to get a nice dark impression.

It still needed something, so I water downed some white paint I had and flicked on the snow.

I couldn't of done this technique without my Misti.  I have so many more brushed stroke images to try this technique with!

Thanks so much for coming by today, have yourself a wonderful day!

Pauline




2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh! It sounds like the MISTI is really the way to go with a stamp like this as your inking and coverage is so pure and beautiful. And holy cow, you clear embossed it after? Wow! I love your blended background and perfect paint splatters, too. I make such a mess when I splatter. It goes everywhere! Anytime you're ready to do more of these I'll be here looking!

Tracy said...

I love those stamps too. Haven't gotten any but they fascinate me. Beautiful job Pauline. Can't wait to see more from you. Hugs!