Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Magnolia Rhapsody

Hi everyone.  I still have some Christmas cards to share, but I think I'll give you a break from those for a bit and share one of my newest cards I made over the holidays.

My BFF surprised me with a birthday gift (which was on Dec 26), and in that gift bag along with other things is this beautiful stamp from Penny Black called Magnolia Rhapsody.  I just couldn't wait to get ink on this one.  Since it was my first card using this stamp I surprised her by sending this to her, after all she did buy this, so thought it was only fitting that I give her the first card I made with it!


Again, what would I do without my Misti!  So yes, I placed the stamp into my Misti, and coloured using Tombow markers, then stamped this onto some Strathmore Mixed Media vellum surface paper. Once this was all coloured and stamped to my liking, I removed from my Misti and cut it down to size.

I then needed to add a bit of background colouring, so every so gently I added a bit of light blue tombow marker ink and started to shade in among the flowers, well didn't I get just a bit too much water and it pulled some of the dark green from the leaves and branches.  So rather than try to fix it, I just went with it all over.  Just barely touched the leaves with a wet paint brush to pull some of the colour, then take a clean wet brush and spread it out.

I used Kaiser Craft Gypsy sisters collection paper. I added some clear PTI rhinestones, but it still needed something else.  I found ribbon a bit too heavy for it, didn't want to take away from the image, so I went with some fine silver thread/twine - perfect!  I then added a bit of shimmer to the flowers using Wink of stella clear.

I think I will make a cup a tea and snuggle in for the night.  It's going down to -34 with the wind chill.
Brrrrrrrrrr..........  Suppose to be like this until Sunday!


Thu Overnight
Partly cloudy
Partly cloudy
-21°C
Feels like: -34
POP: 20%
Wind: 28 km/h NW
Wind gust: 42 km/h
Humidity: 70%
Hourly Forecast

Thanks for your visit.  Till next time,
Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, Pauline! First, happy belated birthday! Second, your BFF really knows what you love and that you'd know how to make it spectacular! There are no words superlative enough to express how beautiful this is. Your happy accident with the ink and background turned out fantastic. I saw a video once where this happened and was taken advantage of. It looks very watercolory and I love it! Ink really moves on that vellum surface paper. Sometimes it's just the ticket. I used it the other day for watercolor. Beautiful paper and nice, simple design. Looks like you've got good stamping weather. First both my cameras konked out and then my little LuLu got sick. New camera now and medicine for LuLu and I'm good to go after a little delay. Hope to do some stamping today. Enjoy your weekend!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is stunning!! You are very talented!

Tracy said...

How gorgeous. I think the bleeding from the leaves is so pretty. I've looked at this line of stamps from PB and drooled but I don't think I have the skills to do them justice. You do. Hope to see more. Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Simple gorgeousness! What a great gift your friend treasured you with, Happy belated birthday as well. She gave you the right gift with this flower, you did amazing with the pink hues. Just gorgeous with the simplicity and the cord is perfect. Love it!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a special BFF you have, and a VERY belated happy birthday!! What an amazing card you made with this stamp, and I love how it finished up with the colors. And the DP above and below are perfect, along with the rhinestones and fine silver thread. STUNNING! You are rocking the PB stamps!! Can I come over and play?!?! Hugs!