Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, April 8, 2018

A Cup of Columbine

I'm sharing today a new image I coloured  a couple of weeks ago.  I was so excited when I saw the newest Power Poppy digital image.  This is right up my alley - flowers, nature - Marcella out did herself with this one, as she always does.





I printed the resized image onto some white cougar c/s and then used my prismacolour pencils to bring this to life! I love the outcome, just not quite sure on the mauve napkin.  I was trying to use the same colours within  the florals without introducing another colour.  It was  a deeper purple, but I took my eraser to remove some of the deeper colour, which seem to soften it a bit. Oh well, sometimes things always don't go the way you expect it to.

My BFF's  (Nancy) husband called me up and asked if I could make him an Easter card to give to her.  This is the card she received.  She is also a nature lover, so this one worked well.

I used MFT's die to cut out the image - die-namics blueprints #27.  To add the finishing details I used my wink of stella clear pen for a bit of sparkle on the flowers and added a few enamel dots.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Pauline

4 comments:

NancyT said...

Hi Pauline
I was so excited when I opened my envelope and found a ‘Pauline’ creation. This card is gorgeous. You are a master of colouring and creating the right layout and embellishments. It is perfect! Another beautiful card for my keepsake box. Thank you dear f.friend. Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

You're so amazing with the Prismacolor pencils! Beautifully blended and just exquisite! I don't see a thing wrong with the mauve napkin, either. I hope I can color this as well when the time comes. I have several digis I haven't printed yet. This wows me, Pauline! I can see how Nancy would keep each of your cards like a little art piece. A special box just for "Pauline" cards. What a pleasure!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Amazing colouring!!

Tracy said...

Marcella is never one for sticking with the normal recognizable flowers and foliage. Beautiful calming colors.