Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Feathered Hope

Good morning all.  It's a dreary day today -rain, rain, rain, today, tomorrow and snow/rain mix for Monday - will Spring ever get here?

Well, according to my little bird below, looks like it might. Seems he has found himself a little 'worm'! It's amazing how Robin's can find those guys beneath the grounds surface, have you ever seen them hunt for food?  It is quite interesting.  Okay enough of this, lets get on with my card.

This image is from a very old SU set called Feathered Hope (1998)  I bought this off of ebay roughly 15 years ago when I was first getting into stamping. 




After stamping the image onto some white cougar c/s with black memento, I used Prismacolour pencils to colour. I used PTI - Mix & Mat - confetti die to cut out the image.  I left the die in place then sponged some inks for the grass & sky area.

Paper is some older Basic Grey - Two Scoops.  I added some yellow silk ribbon to bring out the yellow from the flower pot.  The flowers were dotted with my white gel pen, but then when I added some wink of stella it seemed to disolve the white gel ink??, so I just lightly dabbed the wink of stella as to not remove too much of the white.

I was going to add some sequins or enamel dots, but ended up not doing so.

I'm hoping to get some more stamping done this weekend since the weather is not co-operating for doing photography. ( I will have some new pics to share once I get them done, I have a great egret and a tern).

I appreciate your visit today, have a wonderful day!

Pauline

4 comments:

NancyT said...

Hi Pauline, no matter how old the stamp set, it is still a beautiful stamp. Love the pastel colours -so peaceful and fresh. Hope we can enjoy the birds outside soon. Today certainly is a day for colouring and staying indoors. Thanks for sharing. Love to see some of your photos. Hugs, Nancy

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful Pauline!! I love your colouring and the image is so pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, color me happy to see your beautiful card today! What a pretty, pretty image and you've wowed me again with those Prismas. Honestly, this is the sweetest image! I love seeing the old stuff when it's as timeless as this. And what a cute, cute PTI die that is! Love those fun scallops! We have oodles of birds here right now, and the rain doesn't deter them at all. You can see the robins cocking their heads listening for worms. Can you imagine hearing a worm underground? Amazing! I'll look forward to your bird photos. We had no rain yesterday, so got outside, but pouring again today. It's getting very tiresome!

Tracy said...

A sweet image of nature abundant. Lovely soft coloring and that die is fabulous.