Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Penny Black - Twofer

Happy Wednesday! Well we are half way through another week. Today I have not one but two cards to share with you.

I'm using an image from Penny Black called - Melange.  The first one worked up fairly quickly so I ended up making 5.

I started by embossing the image with white EP onto some Canson 140lb watercolour paper.  I then added some oxide distress inks.  The first one I used twisted citron, cracked pistachio and peacock feathers.  After I added the inks I took an old rag and buffed the image - this makes the white embossing pop.

I trimmed down the image but die cutting a stitched rectangle (MFT),  then I used Penny Black curved stitch die to cut my piece two. For the leaves along the top, I used Penny Black leaf edger die.  I cut it from the same c/s as my base.  For the sentiment I used the curved happy birthday from PTI - Fly away stamp set.  I then added sequins to finish this off.








For my second card I used oxide ink colours - wild honey, worn lipstick and picked raspberry. The sentiment is from PTI - banner sentiments.


I made 2 of the first, 2 of the second - one was thinking of you and one thank you, and then I made another in lime green and purple, but don't have that one finished yet.

Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Gorgeous stamp, gorgeous cards! Love the different colors and how you combined with the base. The curved split and leafy overhang are fantastic! I can't wait to see the lime green and purple. What beautiful color combos. I really love how those sentiments fit in the curve. Sorry I'm so late getting here. We've been camping and now it will probably be a while before I stamp. How do things pile up when we're not even here? Sheesh!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what beauties these are! I love your design and the stamping is lovely! I adore blue and green and I love the second colour combination too! Those leaves really finish everything off to make this special!

Tracy said...

Beautiful design and gorgeous color choices too Pauline. The little details with the die cuts and the cut out curve really make this card special.